Thursday, August 19, 2010

The good

After yesterday's "woe is me" post, I figured I should say that there's a lot going on in my life that is good - great, even.

Like, that gift card I told you about? Was able to get it that weekend and the store manger even doubled the amount since I'd been through so much!

And? Our home owners' insurance is stepping up to the plate and replacing our roof!! We have been struggling with them sine early June. We had a pretty rough series of hail storms in May and had the damage looked at by a roofing company. We filed the claim and they sent an adjuster. He was an idiot (this is definitely not meant to say that all adjusters are, but our most certainly was!). He totaled half of our roof and said there was no hail damage at all. Even though our neighbor's roof and the guy across the street both had their roofs totaled for hail damage. Hmmm?!? Well, after LOTS of phone calls and faxing them this piece of information and that, we got informed Tuesday that they have completely totaled the roof and we should see a check in the next few days. Insert big sigh of relief!

Also, my freelancing has been really picking up steam! And not just my online work, but my "real-life" work!! I've been working with a charitable organization in town for right at a year now, and they are part of a large national system. Well, the regional management has taken notice of my work and they are now going to be using me across the region!!! That's 10+ additional offices! And there is talk about putting me on retainer - oh how I love a steady still-working-from-home income!

And last, but certainly not least, my new computer arrives TODAY!!!! Super, duper excited about this one. It will make the additional work that much easier.

No doom and gloom here! Too much to be thankful for!

6 comments:

  1. That's great, Alison! I admire your attitude - and you're so right, there is a lot to be thankful for in life; I really needed this reminder today.
    Have fun testing out the new computer today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so great to hear that you got some good news, a lot of good news actually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful Alison! I am glad there are some good things going on in your life right now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad some good things are happening. Sometimes it feels like everything is going wrong.
    Enjoy the new computer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All awesome news!! I am so excited about your opportunity to expand your freelance work that sounds so exciting!! Don't you just love when you get a new computer I just love when I get a new computer. I just bought myself a new scanner and love it! I so geek out about getting new electronic toys but I just love them. So glad to hear about all the good things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so awesome that they are going to use you more and that they have so many offices. That is really exciting. Woot on a new computer. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete