Thursday, March 25, 2010

Guess who's going injects?!?

Me! Yesterday's visit with the RE kinda turned me topsy-turvy.

The hubs and I went in totally prepared to be told that we were to get on board the IVF train. And I, at least, was ok with it. The hubs was not too thrilled with the idea and kept saying, "Let's see what the doctor has to say."

And what she immediately said is, "I want to be more aggressive." Bottom line is that they feel they were too conservative with my stimming due to the PCOS. As a result, we've really under-stimmed. So now, we will do 2 more IUI cycles with Clom!d + Fo11istim injections.

These will be our last 2 IUI cycles, though. If they are both a bust then we will be going to IVF. My doc agreed that this was probably our best course of action. She implied that she would do more IUIs if that what we wanted or and flat said that when we're ready to move on to IVF, we can do that, too. I like having so much "say" in my care.

The hubs has requested that we wait 2 cycles to begin again though. This one and the next, so we're still only waiting about 6 weeks to start all over. He went with me to the appointment and was very supportive of the treatment plan we set in place. He also asked for me to tell him some specific things he could do to help make the next treatment cycle as easy and relaxed as possible. I thought it was sweet of him to ask and I've already given him a suggestion or 2.

My protocol will be:
CD3-7: Clom!d 100mg
CD5, 7, 9: 75units Fo11istim
CD10: monitoring U/S and b/w to check E2 levels
CD11: 75 units Fo11istim
CD12: U/S #2 and most likely trigger
CD13 (maybe 14): IUI

siggy

4 comments:

  1. It's good to have a plan in place. That sounds like a great cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan! And, relaxing is probably a good thing, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Plan! I love plans. It can be so tough to operate without one (I'm currently operating w/o one, so speaking from experience!). I think it's great that your DH is also on board with this next step. Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds great! I hope the next 6 weeks fly by!

    ReplyDelete