Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Still Here

I'm still here. Taking it easy. I am preparing a massive "what are we doing in Paris" post complete with lots of pictures.

In preparation for Paris, though, I did sew up these cute little shoe bags. I saw a tutorial on how to make them quite a while ago (maybe more than a year ago) and just never did make them. Usually I only take 1 or 2 pairs of shoes with me when we travel. But this is Paris! And we will be eating some nice dinners out and I want to wear cute shoes.

Photobucket

I used quilter's fat fabric quarters, bias tape and shoe laces as the drawstrings. In all, five bags only cost me $6. My shoes will travel in the height of luxury!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like it! Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! I think everyone has been very quiet in blog-land recently.. maybe it's the change of season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great and they're a great idea!

    I'm so jealous of your trip. I was there a few year ago and hope to go back one day.

    In the meantime, I'll look forward to those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there! I'm a new follower, and just loving your blog.

    I hope you have a wonderful time in Paris!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! I want directed to you for possible input on some baby shower invites I need designed and to buy. I tried to email you on the link on the Design webpage, but my mozilla add in or plug in thingy was crazy. Email me or come back to my blog if you think you might have time. :) I am a fellow IF-er and I wanted to give my biz-ness to another blogger IF-er. :)
    (Emmy sent me)
    babymakingjourney at gmail dot com

    thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great, Ali. I think you should put them on Etsy along with the bag tags!

    ReplyDelete