Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 8

Today is day 8 of not being able to breathe. I have been able to self-medicate enough to get through the day and sleep most of the night, but by morning I'm completely stuffy again and have to breathe through my mouth, which makes my throat hurt.

Then yesterday, I developed a cough. And that cough has continued today.

I broke down and called my PCP. At least I know this will only cost my $20 co-pay. I will most likely get a shot in the butt. My PCP is very fond of those. And probably an antibiotic to boot. Thank goodness that I'm not nearly pregnant enough for meds to matter (<-- do you love the positive thinking there?).

ETA: Just got home. Sinus infection and bronchitis. Strep test was negative, but doc said if I came in tomorrow it would have been positive my throat was VERY red. And my lungs had a lot of fluid in them and I'm wheezing something awful (just didn't know that this was what "wheezing" was) and that if I'd waited to come in next week, I'd probably have full-blown pneumonia. Good timing, huh?

siggy

4 comments:

  1. I have never had a shot in my butt for an illness ever! Then we moved, and I have an old school doctor, and have gotten two (TWO) in the last few months... it's bazar to me, but I like it better then having to remember to take meds for two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you start to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I know how much bronchitis sucks. Hope you have a quick recovery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo Yuck! What awesome timing for sure. I hope your meds kick in and kick your cold to the curb!

    ReplyDelete