Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year, New Word

I was reading this blog the other day and read her post on something she calls "One Little Word." Instead of making resolutions each year, she chooses a word to focus on for the year ahead. One she will practice and consider all through the year.

I thought this was an excellent idea. I've never been one to make resolutions, but I thought this was a wonderful way to start planning and looking forward, instead of lamenting the past.

I think my word for 2010 is going to be: ACCEPT

I'm going to accept the changes that are being thrown at me from every direction. Instead of fighting it tooth and nail, I'm going to try and go with the flow of the changes.

Can you think of just one worded thing you would like to be your focus on this new year?

siggy

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I think my word for 2010 will be NOURISHING. I'm going to nourish my body and soul, and hopefully, nourish a pregnancy and healthy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my work is going to be "Heal" - heal my broken infertile heart, heal myself spiritually, and finally, heal myself financially. What a great idea, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea! i think mine would be BREATHE. breathe through stress and frustration that i may encounter during the year. breathe to relax. breathe to enjoy vibrant life around me. breathing is good for the soul too. and (hopefully) breathe through a healthy delivery of a baby in 2010!

    ReplyDelete