Thursday, October 22, 2009

Love/Hate Relationship

I've always had a love/hate relationship with water. I loved to hate it.

But after 4 days of THE DIET and drinking ONLY water (3 stinking liters a day!!!)... I got to drink a di.et c.oke tonight at dinner (today is our free day). I took one sip - and that was about it. It was so incredible SWEET! And kinda yucky!

Now, this is coming from the girl who used to hook up her daily Die.t Co.ke IV!

I never thought I'd see a day where I thought DC was yucky. Ever. I'm not necessarily upset by this, just HUGELY surprised. But that is part of THE DIET... getting you over the sweet tooth.

AND, after my 20-minute work-out tonight, all I could think was, "I need water!" That thought has never, ever crossed my mind before.

For the record, I did drink my 3L today, even though I didn't have to. I'm pretty darned proud of me!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You should be so proud of the progress you are making. I think we need to focus less on a "diet" as a temporary thing and more of a change in lifestyle and eating habits. Changing your preference for water and diet coke is a great step in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete