Monday, August 29, 2011

Big Eater

Last week at LB's peds visit they suggested that add a feeding in because, really he wasn't getting enough calories. But at the time I was practically having to force feed him what he was eating. Then Tuesday happened. And LB must have hit a growth spurt, because he jumped from eating 2.5 ounces to 3.5 AND needing a fifth daytime meal!

Once I adjusted his schedule, he's done really great and our afternoons have gotten much better.

He also decided last week that sleep was best found in mommy's arms. As much as I love holding him, knowing that these naps and cuddle times won't last long, that leads to NOTHING getting done. I was fortunate enough to have a friend who is big into baby-wearing and she let me borrow one of her wraps. Life.Saver. LB is getting used to it and so I am, but it helping out in that he can nap and I can get the laundry/dishes/picking up done. Now my tush isn't parked in the recliner all day long - yay!!

Another wonderful new mommy tool? The book "Happiest Baby on the Block" - oh my gosh - talk about saving my sanity! If you haven't read it and are a new mommy or pregnant, run don't walk to get this book - or better yet, download it on your e-reader. You'll thank me.

4 comments:

  1. Glad that adding the feeding and baby wearing is helping ;) I have started using my baby bjorn more recently and it has helped me to do stuff around the house as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for baby wearing! We inherited three different carries from my SIL. I've seen so many moms use them and they look so convenient! Glad to hear that it is working out well for you.

    Are you feeling much better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen that every person wants to express their feelings but they are not able to express their feelings properly in words but the content you have written in your post is very beautiful, it seems that you have expressed your feelings Has expressed. Hi, you are a person who writes a very beautiful post, in the same way, you keep writing new posts in your life, our best wishes are with you. Real Photos Girl Gurugram
    Gurugram Girl Number
    Cheap price girls gurgaon
    Naughty Girl Gurugram
    VIP Girl Gurugram
    online girl gurgaon
    premium Girl Gurgaon
    premium health

    ReplyDelete