Friday, September 10, 2010

Not easy, but easy enough

Hip, hip hooray - I am finally on my NEW computer!!!

It has been sitting in the corner of my office for 2 weeks now while we decided how we were going to get everything we needed for it. After an especially frustrating day on the old computer yesterday, though, I decided to set it all up.

Except that desktops, esp those deemed "slim" don't come with installed wireless cards. Boo! Thanks to a little G00gling on the laptop (it really has been good to me) I discovered that all I needed was a wireless net.work ad.apter. Off!ce Dep0t for $40 and we were good to go.

Except that the adapter didn't want to work with the provided driver installation. I had to call the company's tech support line and their tech guided me through a different installation. At first though it was a total pain because she wanted ALL this info on my computer and my router and she had a fairly thick accent and was decently hard to understand. But she did help me get connected in the end.

And then? Well, there's no "and then" everything else has worked pretty well and I was able to download the 30-day free trial of the C to the S #5 easily which means I can work for another month without having to shell out *more* money.

Hallelujah! So, I've gotten a little work finished up before the weekend.

Night 1 of BCP!

No comments:

Post a Comment