Thursday, August 12, 2010

On the platform

We met with the RE this morning. The hubs was able to come with and that was a major support! My blood pressure was pretty elevated, but I laughed it off to white-co@t syndrome.

Anyway, my protocol for IVF will be fairly standard. I respond well to meds and last cycle with only Fo11istim, I had 26 follies. That's about what she would like to see in my IVF cycle. 1 month of BCP with only a "micro-dose" of Lupr0n. Then AF, then begin stims and so on and so forth.

The down-side is that we're going to have to repeat some of the tests if we wait until January. My baseline b/w as well as the hubs' b/w and I'll have to have a sonohysterogram bc my HSG will be over a year old. But my insurance *should* cover that since it is diagnostic.

Should we get to do it earlier, then I won't have to do all that.

We *might* get to get started sooner, bc the whole shebang, meds included will run only 13K. The office itself is charging me just under 9K for its "global" package which includes everything they do. Then there's $1400 to the surgery center downstairs where the ER will take place and then $2-3000 in meds. They do have a refund sliding scale should the cycle get canceled at some point. Also, bc we're using a frozen sample, we will technically be doing IVF with ICSI.

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a good plan in place for when you move forward. I hate that you have to move on to IVF, it sucks, and it's not fair. You know you can ask me any questions if you have them, it sounds like your protocol will be very similar to mine.
    xoxo,
    Mic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you already have a plan in place. Having the plan makes everything so much easier for me to deal with. Waiting until next year sounds like it might be hard, but I can also attest to how wonderful a 'forced' break has been for my own emotional well-being. hang in there while the details get sorted out. You are doing great!
    -Foxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to have a plan. I'm sorry that it's IVF for you - but it's good to know what you're trying next and how long the wait will be. If you can, try to enjoy the break - you 'll make it happen as fast as is reasonable for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always feels good to have a plan in place! Good luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will say my small break was needed as well, but it is definitely good to know what to look forward to in the future. It sounds like you have a great protocol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have a great plan in place. I hope this ivf works and you don't have to deal with it anymore. that is a lot of follies for just follistim wowie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a great plan. I hope you are able to make it work earlier. It blows me away how much it costs though:( Acquaintances of ours didn't have to pay more then 3,000 here when they did IVF with ICSI. I wish something like that would be possible in the States!

    ReplyDelete