Thursday, August 26, 2010

Erg!

Yeah, so that whole "life is good" post a week ago... somehow practically everything I told you about has fallen apart!

The insurance company? They lied. No totaled roof. Still have to have the re-inspection

The computer? Yes, it came in. It's beautiful little blank piano self. But have I been able to use it yet in a week? No. The problem stems from the fact that I thought I had a source for my Ad0be Cre@tive Suite 5. Turns out that my source is being nit-picky and I may have to turn to alternative sources. Primarily, I may have to actually BUY it... at full retail price. I'm sorry, but I'm trying to save for IVF,so spending an extra $1200 on this is NOTsomuch! I'm also looking at being able to buy the educational edition, which is ONLY $299. Only.

Thank goodness the work continues to pour in! I'm incredible thankful for that, because it makes the above situations far more bearable.

3 comments:

  1. I feel rotten about not being here more often to keep updated on your journey. I'm glad you are getting ready for a new cycle, and I don't know who "everybody" is, but I think summer babies are wonderful. Apparently they have fewer problems with allergies and asthma. That's because they generally don't start daycare until after the fall flu season, giving them a whole year to build antibodies before being confronted with the chaos that is other-people's-snotty-children. I don't know. It's what "they" say. And besides, spring is hands down the best time to be ready to pop because you can wear cute tops to show off your cute bump. Anyway, lots and lots of luck. I think of you all the time and hope you are well! Big hugs from us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. How frustrating! I hope you are able to find a better source for AC Suite 5. I'm glad the work keeps coming in- everything I have seen has been very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuk! it sounds like things aren't going your way. I'm sorry that you're having problems getting a hold of CS5 - that could really put a damper on a new computer.

    ReplyDelete